Gas Line Leak Repair in the Dallas Area
A gas line leak isn’t a problem that can only make your gas bills go sky high, but also present a serious health and life hazard to yourself and your loved ones. If ignored or not being fixed on time a gas line leak can eventually lead to a catastrophic explosion. That’s why it is of critical importance to watch out for the warning signs of a gas line leak in your home.
What are the most common warning signs that you have a gas line leak?
- The strong and unpleasant rotten egg smell.
- You can hear strange whistling or hissing sounds.
- An area of dead vegetation around a gas line in your yard.
- You get the unusually high gas bills.
What should you do if you are experiencing a gas line leak problem?
- You need to leave your home as soon as it becomes apparent that a gas line is leaking.
- You should avoid using any electronic appliances that can trigger a spark and a catastrophic explosion.
- You should try to start a car near a gas line leak.
- Don’t use any open flame, such as lighter and similar.
- Don’t use lights or appliance switches.
Gas line leak location and repair
The moment we get your call that you suspect a gas line leak in your home we will do the following:
- Conduct a thorough gas leak testing process. We need to make sure that you are experiencing a gas leak problem. Your entire gas system will be checked and tested for any potential leaks.
- The most critical part of our work is to precisely locate the gas line leak. As soon as we pinpoint a leak, we will provide you with a list of the most suitable and affordable repair options. Together we will choose the one that suits you the most.
- Your gas line leak will be repaired once you approve one of our options. We will take care of all the permitting requirements that may be necessary to do our work in accordance with the Dallas permits in this field.
- Once we are done with the repair work we will test the whole gas system again. We won’t leave your property until your gas lines pass the pressure test.
- If a repair can’t fix your gas line leak problem, we will install a new gas line. Our goal is to give you a peace of mind that a gas leak problem won’t bother or threaten your safety again.
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of the gas line leak problems. Unfortunately, for some households the first warning sign can be the last warning they will ever get. Very often our clients in Dallas are surprised how efficiently these leaks can be fixed if noticed and reported in time. They don’t have to be associated with the high repair costs necessarily. So, don’t hesitate and give us a call right away.